Me? I don’t need to do that, muhasabah is already my routine.
Anyway, I met my 2008 resolutions. It was rather too easy, except point #1, which is continually evolving. Not much challenge for a half ass expectation. I was a total screw up in the previous year, it explains the shallow resolution.
Those days, I wore a thick armor, shielding my ego. A smiley mask, hiding away untreated wounds. And a thick mantel, pretending to care about the world. I’m a fake. A fraud. A confused 24 year old brat.
Somehow, I’m glad I learned to put those behind and focus.
For 2009, I decided I no longer need a New Year’s Resolution. Instead a Life Resolution.
- To stay away from debt and spend money I don’t have
- To live a healthy and blessed life
- To shoulder the burden of the poor and unfortunate ones
- To NOT procrastinate and waste time
- To pickup a new skill every year
- To be a good listener and accept ideas
- To NOT be verbal eventhough it’s the anal truth
- To be closer to God and have a stronger faith
Time isn’t a luxury we have. Each passing second overrides the previous one. Before you knew it, a year went by. So don’t wait for another year to change yourself, do it now.
ps: Life Resolution, is not limited to the above. Continually evolving, fitting in accordingly.
pss: I spent 3 hours writing this. Gosh, I wish I could’ve been more efficient