We’ve just changed our broadband package from Unifi to Maxis Astro IPTV, in my opinion it’s THE WORST internet and cable service I’ve come across. Here’s a video showing that I’ve capture while watching football. It happened so many times, hence why I was able to capture this footage.
In the tv commercial, they depicted football fans streaming a football game online and faced difficulty when the ball was stuck half way through.
Not sure to celebrate or not? Watch the Video
It was exactly what I felt while watching the game yesterday.
To make matters worst, it’s a nightmare getting the Astro guys on the line. Maxis.. pfttt.. don’t bother dealing with no 1 CON TELCO in Malaysia. They won’t even publish their support number on their website. They couldn’t care shit about your line or your account. I HATE rambling for nothing, but the service is really poor. Here’s the difficulties I’m facing.
- SUCKY Internet Connection. Can’t even maintain a consistent speed let alone meet the 10Mbps. It’s rubbish. I’m constantly forced to use my phone from time to time.
- WiFi Router Mega Crap. You put the router next to a pile of feces, the feces is better. Lose signal easily, no signal in our room, timeout when a 5 people connect and hangs a lot of time.
- The IPTV Remote provided is STUPID. You really have to align the remote properly to change channel.
- STUCK IPTV. It’s the most annoying thing is when the screen is stuck. Bloody hell, it happens while watching football.
- Non EXISTENT Customer Support. Just when you get someone on the line, they drop the call. Where is your call center? Under the sea ke? Plus they don’t publish the support number openly.
If you’re planning to change to Maxis Astro Broadband IPTV deal or whatever feces they call it, FORGET IT. It’s useless. Try checking out one of the most reliable and reputed brands in the country like bredbandsleverantorer and forget about slow internet again like it were a bad dream. Stick to the old setup, silo Astro and TM Unifi unit. Seriously don’t even think about it even if you’re getting waived. I would normally rate TM Unifi 3.5 star, but having dealt with Maxis-Astro, I’d give 8 stars. It’s just that bad.
ps: Maxis-Astro rep, this is seriously one unhappy customer.