If you go lunatics over politics, you’ve probably heard about the foul cry by opposing hardcore.
Apparently KIMMA, Kongres India Muslim Malaysia came out with a bold statement, claiming that PKR offered monies well over RM 50 million to get support from the congress. To add further fuel to fire, they instated their loyalty belongs to BN. Picked up from TukarTiub.
As a result of this crooked/bent statement, a campaign was born. Yes, you are right. “Boycott Mamak joints”, especially Syed and Khulafa.
1. Seriously? RM 50 million to buy votes? PKR might as well spend on better political gains like create a new TV/Radio station. Where is the logic of that?
2. Somehow it doesn’t click, KIMMA came out with slander, thus boycott their joints?
3. Mamak joints isn’t actually clean, though rated A. The service is sometimes poor, especially if newly imports waiters who barely speaks Malay and they have stinky body odor.
4. Mamak joints is very profitable. Thanks to low wager and margin 700% on drinks.
5. Their workers indirectly contribute to our Ringgit flowing out of our country by sending back to their home town. Imagine 70,000 work force sends back RM 400 a month. That’s RM 28 million and you wonder why RM isn’t strong against other currencies.
To boycott or not to, it’s in your hand. I am not implying anything.
Personally, I do wonder why a teh o kosong (that’s tea without sugar) costs RM 1.50. It’s just boil water (or is it?) with recycled tea bag. All this while, I do disagree with the pricing and cleanliness of Mamak and yet, I choose to loiter there to watch football or gathering of friends.
ps: KIMMA sounds so wrong if you utter it quickly.
pps: FYI, India Muslim is not a Malay. They are Indians.