We all know I currently have a day job, but still I get request for quotation more than I used to. So I’m rounding up all the talents here for the next possible project.
At the moment, the client requested a mock up and I have identified 3 competitors bidding for this project. And since I don’t have time to draw more than 1 PSD format, I will have to make this a competition. I will submit all the designs and IF I win the bid, I will be awarding RM 1,250 to the winner (upon first payment from client).
These are the details:
- The title is Faces Of Malaysia. It’s a travel website for a travel agency that sells ticket for inbound tourism. Which means to say, they promote Malaysia overseas about the attractions in our country. (No e-commerce or online booking at the moment)
- If you took/borrowed pictures from Flickr, please remember who they’re from. I don’t want to be linked to copyright infringement.
- The design must have a Header, Highlighted content (animated jQuery slideshow, but you do not need to do any jQuery stunts here), Content area, Sidebar, Footer and a Search Form.
- Colors can be used freely, but preferable if you could justify the design.
- Corporate look based on Grid layout. So those who likes fancy background, please loosen your art sense. (I generally prefer sharp and simple designs)
- You can submit more than 1 design.
- Remember, IF I won the project using your design, you will be rewarded. RM 1,250 for a start. I could give more if I win big. But IF I don’t, sorry 🙁
- The layout belongs to you in case I don’t use it.
- Please use the attached PSD, it can be downloaded from here. (it’s based on 960 grid system)
- The design must be unique, not from template. Automatic ban for life applied (for future projects).
- Closing date is on 11:55pm Monday, 8th February 2010. You can submit in JPEG or PNG to me, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to design? Have a look at LiteTheme mockup, Laman7, Innobiologics. This is what I mean by corporate. You might also want to Google on Travel Websites and get some fresh ideas from there. Best, check out CSS galleries. Here are some sample, statravel.com, travelocity.com, holidaytours.com.my, seduniatravel.com and trafalgar.com.
So you can’t design? Well, help me promote. If I win this project, I will give RM 50 to the top 5 redirecting to this post.
Remember, I am thriving on IF I WIN. But with good designs, I don’t see a reason to fail. So all the best to participants.
ps: I will do one also. If they like my design, then I am RM 1.25k richer.