Cruel To Be Kind

My youngest brother has problem with his studies and very unlikely of him to admit his shortcoming. For him, getting a B or C is normal, it doesn’t bother him much, but it does to me.

Maybe when I was a kid, I used to get scolded for not getting an A. Anything but A is mediocre. Even an A has to be a solid one. I remembered when I was in my teeny years, I went home from boarding school and showed dad I got 98% on add math test. He asked me for the other 2%.

Anyway, despite PMR in a few weeks time, I still see my brother playing computer games. I actually don’t mind if he wants to relax and stuff, but not like 1-2 hours daily affair. I knew this when I exited my room, I heard a wall plug being switched off, no matter how soft you try to turn it off, it will echo if it’s mounted to a huge wall. I went in and confronted him, I asked whether he was playing game, I was gonna give him a long lecture. He said no. I rubbed the back of the PC and felt the heat, he told me it was since morning. Its bad enough to turn off the PC without going through its Shut Down sequence, but to tell a lie as if I’m some stupid ass, that’s a big no-no.

To me, if you’re going to be a liar, make sure you don’t get caught.

Cruel To Be Kind 1

And he paid dearly for that. I confiscated the power cables for the PC, just to add a little drama. He did give his reason, that he was studying just now and this is his reward. I told him, learning is a never ending process. Now you either study, eat or sleep, play time is over until PMR is done.

I know I’m being to cruel to him and I do care if he hates me or not, but if that’s what it takes to succeed, I don’t mind playing the villain.

By NoktahHitam

I am web developer, who's main concern is to save the trees. Nonetheless

One reply on “Cruel To Be Kind”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *