I guess this fits as one of the How-To’s in my wedding preparation.
In every wedding surely we need sign boards, especially those hosted at home. Even with GPS, elderly would prefer to go by hard copy map. I call this gut instinct, because they’re usually wrong.
Anyway, I did my own sign board using A4 paper. An A4 Paper is rather too small to make sign boards. It’s hardly seen. Even harder when driving. Therefor, I plan on printing 4 x A4 papers and stick em together.
The software that I’ll be using is Microsoft Powerpoint and PosteRazor. The latter was used to split the image.
- Download PosteRazor first. This will save you waiting time.
- Open up Powerpoint and go to File > Page Setup.
- Change the setting of the page to A4.
- Do your own design. Remember, it has to be seen and not pretty.
- When you’re done, go to File > Save as Picture. Choose PNG or JPEG
- Open PosteRazor and locate the design you just made.
- PosteRazor will take you through the wizard.
- Once you’re done, PosteRazor will print PDF format of the pages. Example.
- Printing time!
For the printing papers, I chose the color blue. By choosing a specific color, I could differentiate my sign boards. This will also help drivers to identify the signs quicker rather than reading everything.
Here’s my example.
Rule of Thumb: Sign boards are to be seen. So make em huge! Not as big as RM’s hair-do ok?