The other day, eMok wanted to use my toilet, his isn’t working. Apparently, the plug went in the wall.
I pulled my handy tools and showed eMok how to disintegrate the switch. I’m not teaching him the HOW-TOs, just showing the mechanism. Hopefully he’ll grasp a thing or two about industrial design and engineering.
Once I got the plug out, I started explaining the wires and how it functions.
“One thing you have to bear in mind, electricity is dange… “
The room light flickered. TV, PC and Aircond restarted. I was electrocuted.
In great shock, I sent the test pen flying across the room. Clutching my fist to my chest, I saw my veins revealed like never before. I was in great pain. Nothing could explain the tingling sensation.
“Who asked you to poke with metal?” eMok quizzed me. Typical Malay mind, you should be asking, whether I’M OK?! and not condemning when shit happens.
For the record, a high grade test pen will never get you electrocuted.
- Do not laugh or blame the victim, instead ask them of their well being.
- Call a technician if you can afford one, especially when dealing with electricity.
- Always keep an eye on what you’re doing.
- Don’t multi-task, no matter how good you think you are.
ps: My hand is still pretty much numb.
pss: Don’t laugh you F’ing maggot.
psss: Don’t tell me, “I told you so!”