Running a solo business is tiresome. Although I outsource tedious works, I always find myself revisiting the chores again. Being a perfectionist is such a pain in the ass.
Yesterday I got an email from a potential client. He wrote, “Please view our site and give feedback on what needs improvement. Please revert within 24 hours like company E“. Honestly, I don’t see any merit in helping him out.
I may appear stingy, but business is business.
It’s like taking your car to a workshop, ask them to troubleshoot, then bring your car to your preferred mechanic. It’s a lot of bull.
Back to the email,
- He is asking for my professional advise without assurance that he’ll award me the job.
- I don’t like being compared to.
- I don’t like being rushed.
- He sounds fussy. I’m sure there’ll be tonnes of work load.
- Looks like a tight deadline with a small budget.
- I have deadlines to catch up.
Judging by the above, I’m sure you’ll gently decline your kind assistance. But I helped him anyway.
ps: Gotta stop being a nice guy (and a perfectionist), it’s killing me softly.