Posted on March 18, 2010
Kes Pecah Rumah & Samun
The other day AR shared her scary nightmare. She dreamed that there’s a break in her area. The next day, her dad called and told her to be careful. Apparently her dad was informed that there’s a break in around their area.
Tonight, as I got back home from rugby, I was told there was a burglary that took place 10 minutes before I reached home and it happened right in front of my house! I guess AR’s nightmare was pretty much like a warning.
Anyway, I sat down with mom and discussed what to do if she ever encountered such incident. From my criminal mind and all the Hollywood stints I’ve watched, I came up with this.
- Never fight back. It’s not worth risking your life/ health over a few hundred or maybe thousand ringgit.
- Don’t use weapon to fight. They might get yours and knock you with it.
- Check your surroundings. It’s part of a ninja training, but it applies when you want to get out of the car to open the gate.
- Stay in the car. No matter what, stay in the car. And make sure it’s locked.
- Run them over. If they block the road, make sure you floor the pedal!
- Inform the police immediately. I don’t think this is hard to do.
- Don’t negotiate. They want to do it as quiet, quick and clean as possible. So if you try to say anything, they’ll probably knock you.
- Finally, again, never fight back. Give whatever they want.
If I ever get into this situation, I’ll probably try to catch them, tie them to the neighborhood sign board, naked. But I doubt I have the required skills nor physical to fight back. I’ll probably toss them all my wallet content and say,
“Nah… pergi main jauh jauh!”
ps: Just be careful!