Mr Azly Rahman, here’s something to tinker about.
لَكُمۡ دِينُكُمۡ وَلِىَ دِينِ
Your way is yours, and my way is mine. (al-Kafirun)
Nga Kor Ming used Quranic verse for his campaign speech.
Whilst it remained grey for non-believers to use Quranic verse, I strongly believe that if one were to use any part of the Quran, he/she has to accept the “kalimah syahadah” and must abide to the 6 Articles of Belief (rukun Iman).
- Belief in God (Allah), the one and only one worthy of all worship (tawhid).
- Belief in all the Prophets (nabi) and Messengers (rusul) sent by God
- Belief in the Angels (mala’ika).
- Belief in the Books (kutub) sent by God (including the Qur’an).
- Belief in the Day of Judgment (qiyama) and in the Resurrection (life after death).
- Belief in Destiny (Fate) (qadar).
If Nga doesn’t really in believe Islam, why use Quran at all? You can’t just favor one (of the above) and use it to preach. It’s detesting Islam and its’ believers. Islam is not an Agama Rojak (based on mix and match).
Like I’ve said many times. Don’t mix religion and politics. Besides, are we really that desperate to win the heart of voters?
ps: UMNO goons lodged a police report. Such a drastic approach. He’s not in-the-know and should just be warned.
pss: There’s a fine line between races (Malay, Chinese, India) but a very damn thick border when it comes to religion.